How to make a logo?
We must separate the way it should be and how to do it.
How should it be?
In a previously published article we explain how it should be, however we will make a brief summary. When we make a logo we must take into account the following:
- It must be legible in color and black and white.
- Reproducible should be able to be printed on envelopes business cards, stamps, letters, folders, Posters and shirts.
- Work with the correct scale to achieve good visibility.
- Different from those existing in the market, known, unforgettable and positioned in the minds of people.
- It must be or
- iginated and created exclusively for the client.
- It must be clean and clear.
How to do it?.
- Creative Briefing: Define who we are, what we do, what we want, what audience and what is most important that we want to show image of us.
- Observe the competition: How I differentiate myself from the competition and how I present my unique image. It is a mistake to copy the ideas, remember it must be unique and differentiating.
- Digitization: Make the necessary strokes and sketches until you get a good result. Make corrections and fine-tune the details until it is unique and distinct within your market.
- Typography: Define typography, whether elegant, neutral, fun, vintage, manual strokes, casual, formal or combinations of some of them. Remember not to use more than 3 types of sources, they must be legible at a prudent distance, in some cases without contours.
- Color: Avoid using more than 3 colors, you can use gradients or variations in colors, use pantone colors and remember that your logo should look good in both color and black and white.
- Formats: Define the format to work. I recommend working in both RGB and CMYK formats. It is sure that you will need your logo both for a web environment and for printing business cards, banners, shirts. This would avoid distortions and loss of format. You should also take into account that it is vector and image.
- Responsive design: your logo must support the different forms of presentation to the public, either in web, print, horizontal and vertical view, icon, mobile devices and in really small sizes; In this way your audience can remember your brand much better.
- Review of the work done: At this point you must have your first logo. All the people participating in the initial idea of developing your logo should review the work well and be in agreement with the final work. If it is necessary to make corrections this is the ideal time.
- Testing and Publication: Finally, print tests and publish it.